Jupiter United Soccer Club depends upon its member volunteers.
Each year, hundreds of members step up to the responsibility of serving the athletic and social interests of our children and youth athletes. We invite you to contribute your time, energy, and ideas to the health of the club. It’s fun, rewarding, and best of all it adds to the vitality of our children and our community.
Common Volunteer Roles
- Recreational Head Coach — the club will provide you with examples of soccer curriculum and will connect you with other coaches in the club.
- Recreational Assistant Coach — Assistant coaches are responsible for helping to run team practices and for attending and assisting in running games.
- Recreational Division Director — Division directors help organize the assignment of players to teams and teams to coaches and disseminate information to the coaches in your age division. Division coordinators communicate with coaches in the division, ensuring that coaches receive information in a timely manner.
- Competitive Team Manager — The competitive team manager has many different responsibilities, including maintaining player cards, printing game cards for game days, checking the team in at tournaments, and assisting with team social and fundraising activities, among other things. Team managers may delegate specific responsibilities to other team parents. Managers contribute to the smooth operation of team activities and to the maintenance of healthy, constructive dialogue among all team members (coach, players, and parents).
- Club Management — The club has a board of directors that guides the direction of the club and ensures its productive and healthy operation. Members may participate in board committees or other supporting roles. Opportunities are also available for board membership. Individuals potentially interested in board membership are strongly encouraged to contact a current board member to learn more about board responsibilities. Often new members serve as volunteers and collaborators on board committees, serving in collaboration with existing board members, in preparation for board membership.
- Equipment Distribution & Assistance — Bag and distribute balls, uniforms, and other equipment to recreational coaches, move goals on/off the fields when necessary, collect equipment at the end of the season, etc.
- Tournament Help — Work concessions or as a a field marshal at tournaments hosted by the club.
If you or someone in your family are interested in volunteering with the club, please email email@example.com.